CMP054 - Relax, It would work out; featuring Lisa-Ann Joseph MD of Reputation Management Caribbean
Our special guest and Caribbean Mentor is an expert in the area of Public Relations, Media Relations and Crisis Communications and she has an extensive career as proof. Her career has allowed her the opportunity to work for companies like BPTT, Coca-Cola International, First Citizens Bank, and TCL Group of Companies.
Today she is the Founder and Managing Director of Reputation Management Caribbean (RMC), a public relations and crisis communications agency she started in 2007. In 2012, she was recognized in the International Who’s Who Historical Society of Professionals. Additionally, she is the co-owner of the retail home accessories store in Port of Spain, 365 Home and the commercial entity - Cherry Blue Ltd.
Ladies and gentlemen…Ms. Lisa-Ann Joseph
- You can; You should and if you're brave enough to start...you WILL ~ Stephen King
Lisa-Ann's Early Life
- Grew up in Mon Repos San Fernando (Trinidad)
- Grew up in a household where is was heavily focused in the Arts and in particular Dance
- Primary School - St. Gabriels RC (San Fernando)
- Secondary School - Holy Faith Convent (Couva)
- Being from a family business of dance after Secondary School the only option was to study dance
- Studied at Purchase College - State University of NY
- Joined the family business
- Applied for a job at the Family Planning Association to be a Public Relations Officer
- Became exposed to the world of Communications and started building her knowledge in the various aspects of the field by working in various industries.
Why launch out to start your own company?
- My Dad always said to me, "Work for yourself"
- The impetus - BPTT downsized
- Started Reputation Management Caribbean
- Business started off slow because Crisis Communications was new to companies
Mentality for Success
- Everyday get up and keep pushing through the rough times
- Be "Bad Mind" - Go Hard or Go Home
- Failure can be a blessing. It's how you view it
- Surround yourself with positive people
- The Universe is open and it starts with intention...make sure it is positive
- Advice - Relax it would work out but get up and DO!!!
- Don't overthink it
- Success is being able to be Happy everyday
- Great Book - Laws of Attraction
- Building RMC
- Top 3 Tips;
- Learn as much as you can
- Communications is not only Social Media
- Learn how decisions are made