CMP026 - Take the Risk and keep moving Forward with Allison Demas - Founder and CEO of Media InSite
Our special guest and Caribbean Mentor is a self-confessed “Caribbean Woman” who is committed to making a positive impact wherever her life’s journey takes her. After leaving high school she pursued law and became a practicing attorney. However her undying love and passion for creativity and the creative industry caused her to specialize in Copyright and Entertainment Law and to also pursue a Masters in Intellectual Property, Commerce and IT. In 2003 she became CEO of the Copyright Organisation of Trinidad and Tobago (COTT), a position she held for seven years during which she made her mark as a capable and focused leader with COTT’s achievement of recording breaking royalty collections and distributions in 2007 and 2008. She also pioneered the introduction of digital tracking of music on radio which greatly enhanced the operations of the company. Her next challenge where she was also determined to make a positive impact came when she was appointed as the Chairman of the National Carnival Commission of Trinidad and Tobago. During her two-year term the NCC’s expenditure decreased by 30%. Today she is the Founder and CEO of Media InSite, a company which she started in 2011. Ladies and gentlemen…Caribbean Nation…let’s meet Ms. Allison Demas.
- Grew up in various Caribbean Countries
- Primary School - Three different schools
- Secondary School - Three different schools
- Do the best you can until you know better; then when you know better...do better.
Failure / Disappointment
- Listen as Allison speaks about her failures and moving forward.
Professional Career Highlights
- Listen as Allison speaks about how she kept moving forward until found her niche.
Allison's Super Over Answers
- Listen to the great answers for practical advice on how to build your career.