CMP027 - How to Manage your Valley experiences with Sharon Christopher - Deputy CEO - Operations and Administration at First Citizens Bank
Our special guest and Caribbean Mentor is a trail blazer. And she has blazed a trail in the male dominated world of Corporate Finance. Her career began as a lawyer but throughout her journey she has acquired numerous skills and expertise. Today she is the Deputy CEO of Operations and Administration at First Citizens Bank. Her experience and training is wide-ranging covering areas such as banking and finance, corporate governance, banking operations, information technology, marketing, corporate security, corporate communications and human resource management. She is a holder of a Bachelor of Laws Degree from the University of the West Indies and the holder of a Master of Laws Degree from the London School of Economics and Political Science. She also holds a Legal Education Certificate from the Hugh Wooding Law School from which she graduated as the most outstanding student. She has been serving at the executive management levels since 1986. She has chaired two Boards, one in the Energy sector and one in the Arts and Entertainment Industry. Throughout her career she has been a Director on 25 Boards and currently sits on the Boards of publicly listed companies in St Lucia and Barbados and on various Boards with in Trinidad and Tobago. She has delivered several presentations at local and regional conferences and has also published articles within her areas of expertise. She is a mother, an author and an advocate for women. Ladies and gentlemen…Caribbean Nation…let’s meet Ms. Sharon Christopher.
- Born in Grenada and grew up in Trinidad (Cocorite)
- Primary School - Bishops Anstey Junior
- Secondary School - Bishops Anstey
- If you don't know your Purpose...find your Passion and it would lead you to your purpose.
Failure / Disappointment
- Listen as Sharon speaks about the resilience needed to ensure success.
Professional Career Highlights
- Listen as Sharon speaks about she built her career and her transition from Law to Business.
Sharon's Super Over Answers
- Listen to the great answers for practical advice on how to build your career.