CMP012 - Dream BIG; but be careful who you tell with Dr. Patricia Elder - Founder and Executive Director of Elder Associates Limited
Our special guest and Caribbean Mentor is an expert when it comes to the provision of psychological services. She has dedicated the past 30 years learning about and implementing employee assistance and other psychological services to our culturally diverse communities. Her career began as a Psychology intern at the Friends Hospital in Pennsylvania, USA. As her career grew she held various portfolios such as, Senior Staff Psychologist and Clinical Director. She is the founder and Executive Director of Elder Associates Limited; the company, which she founded in 1993. Her company was accredited in 2013 by the Council on Accreditation (COA) as one of the outstanding providers of EAP Services in Trinidad and Tobago. She is the Regional Director for the Caribbean of the Institute for Forensic Psychology. She has published numerous academic papers; given a host of keynote addresses and is involved with various social and charitable groups Today she is considered as a leader and visionary in the delivery of comprehensive EAP and other mental health services in the Caribbean region. Ladies and Gentlemen…Caribbean Nation…Let’s meet Dr. Patricia Elder.
Dr. Elder's Start
- Grew up in Usine, St. Madeleine (Trinidad)
- Primary School - Scarborough Methodist (Tobago) and St. Ursula's (Trinidad)
- Secondary School - Bishop Anstey High (Port of Spain)
- We stand on the sholders of our ancestors
Failure / Disappointment
- Listen as Dr. Elder speaks about failing math on numerous ocassions and telling the wrong people about her dreams.
Professional Career Highlights
- Dr. Elder explains how she built her company over twenty years
Dr. Elder's Super Over Answers
- Listen to Dr. Elder's answers which contains great advice about adding your skills to your purpose