CMP003 - Interview with Brevard Nelson: Co-Founder & Chief Operating Officer at Caribbean Ideas Limited
Brevard is the Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer at Caribbean Ideas Limited. He has a unique blend of marketing communications talent, web development and IT expertise, seasoned with an entrepreneurial spirit. In 2001, his passion for technology lead him to start his first web development business but in 2007 his entrepreneurial journey would accelerate exponentially when he co-founded Caribbean Ideas Ltd with his high school friend and they never looked back since. In 2015 Caribbean Ideas was nominated and select for the Hidden Champions Project award of the Inter-American Investment Corporation. Part of the award gave Brevard the opportunity to represent his company at the IDB-IIC conference in Busan, South Korea.
- Grew up in Trincity
- Primary School - Holy Saviour Curepe Anglican
- Secondary School - St. Mary's College
Listen to the episode as Brevard relays what he has learnt on his journey
- If you don't like something change it. If you can't change it then change your attitude
Failure / Disappointment
- In 2001 Brevard started his first IT Solutions company. Listen as he explains why it failed and the lessons he learned from the failure.
Professional Career Highlights
- Listen as Brevard explains how he started off as a Marketing Assistant; moved into Coporate Communications and worked on this business part-time until he finally made the decision to embrace entrepreneurship full-time.
Brevard's Super Over Answers
- Don't overthink it...just do it
- Don't follow the crowd and always give thanks
- Spending time with family; dancing; prayer and meditation
- Great Book: Delivering Happiness by Tony Hsieh
- Owning and growing a successful business
- Set goals; Stay focus and remind yourself of them everyday